How Do I Know If I Need Basement Waterproofing?
Three immediate instances necessitate a waterproofing inspection and possible work. Those situations when a basement waterproofing consultation are recommended are:
- Buying A Home – This is an absolute must! Always have the basement and crawl space inspected by a professional before making an offer. The last thing you want is mildew or mold, an expensive repair, or even a potential legal issue to pursue.
- Selling Your Home – Buyers want turn-key these days, and having a home that is ready to hand over will get you maximum value.
- Safety & Security – If you plan to live in your home for some time to come, keeping it safe for your family while avoiding surprise expenses is critical.
Are There Any Warning Signs Of a Damp Basement?
Here are just a few signs of a leaky or damp basement:
- Musty or odd odors
- Visual mold & mildew
- White, chalky looking spots on the walls or wet, damp spots on walls
- Peeling paint or warped wood
- Water seepage from basement walls
- General dampness in the basement
- Warped paneling
- Dry rot
- Cracks in basement walls or floors
Why Is My Basement Leaking?
There are a number of reasons there could be leaks in your basement. One reason is that it could be a result of poor construction. Another may be foundation settlement. Total Basement Care can help in the inspection of your basement and provide solutions to any water problems.
Why Is There a Musty Odor in My Basement?
Most likely there is mold and mildew in your basement’s air vent and accumulating mold and mildew can cause the musty odors. Asthma and allergy problems are also potentially created because of this. Let Total Basement Care help remove these odors and their causes.
Is Mold or Mildew Dangerous?
Mold and mildew can oftentimes cause serious health effects. Mold and mildew have been known to cause respiratory problems, asthma, and deep allergic reactions. Not to mention that mold and mildew are the major cause of chronic sinus infections. Schedule with us today to make sure your home is mold-free!
Why Is an Egress Window So Important To The Safety of My Family?
95% of the homes built have a stairway that comes up from the basement into the kitchen or directly off the kitchen of the house. Most home fires originate in either the kitchen or the laundry room of a home. If the fire occurs in the kitchen you and/or your family members can become trapped in the basement. The egress system will enable you to safely exit the basement to a safe place outside the house.
My Basement is Finished, Can You Still Install the Egress System?
Absolutely. Approximately 50% of our installations are performed in finished basements. We go through the normal installation procedures outside the house; however, the inside is painstakingly protected from damage or debris generated during the installation process. After the rough work is performed and the window is installed.